NFL "what-if" scenarios thread

SeahawkFever
Posts: 943
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:18 am

Re: NFL "what-if" scenarios thread

Post by SeahawkFever »

Here’s one I just thought of: Obviously they were in different times, but when I here people talk about the contemporary Rams I hear people say their mentality was “eff them picks”.

Also I hear people say that the Hall of Fame head coach of the Rams and Redskins in the 60’s and 70’s, George Allen had a sign on his desk that said “The Future Is Now!”.

What if George Allen had Stan Kroenke as his owner?
7DnBrnc53
Posts: 1739
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: NFL "what-if" scenarios thread

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

sheajets wrote: ↑Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:48 am
7DnBrnc53 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:54 am I recently watched the NFL Network Timeline episode about Vince Lombardi in Washington.

Afterward, I thought about what would have happened if he got his health checked better in 1968, survived, and stayed as Redskin coach for several more years.
Didn't he have an exceptionally aggressive cancer? Somewhere I remember hearing that his particular case astonished doctors to the point that it was written about in medical journals...that's how unique it was.

Wondering could it have been nipped in the bud if caught in 1968? Was cancer treatment even at that level in 1968?
https://www.survivornet.com/articles/nf ... s-ignored/

Apparently, Vince was starting to have digestive problems in 1967, but wouldn't get a proctoscopy scan.
Brian wolf
Posts: 4753
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:43 am

Re: NFL "what-if" scenarios thread

Post by Brian wolf »

Vince had various problems but an NFL Film from 1968 basically admitted what helped kill him. He claimed he took as many as 20-30 aspirin a day. Imagine the damage to his stomach? Another victim of the Bayer empire.
Post Reply