The list was made in 2010. It seems that they generally tried to do historical rivalries, but it does seem that they placed some emphasis on how relevant it was at the time it aired (Ravens-Steelers and Colts-Patriots most notably there)sluggermatt15 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 20, 2026 11:55 am For this rivalries list, are we talking about historically or currently, as in today? The OP says in 2010, so...
NFL Top 10 Rivalries: The List I might disagree with the most
-
SeahawkFever
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:18 am
Re: NFL Top 10 Rivalries: The List I might disagree with the most
-
Ten Minute Ticker
- Posts: 119
- Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2024 5:30 am
Re: NFL Top 10 Rivalries: The List I might disagree with the most
2010 or now, it’s a dumb list and the usual tortured logic applies.
Cowboys-Redskins ruled out because of relevance in 2010. OK, but Browns-Bengals was somehow relevant at the time? Please.
I think if you asked most Browns fans who their biggest rival is they would say the Steelers, not the Bengals. And I think plenty of Steelers fans feel the same way, even if the rivalry has been one-sided for a long time.
Cowboys-Redskins ruled out because of relevance in 2010. OK, but Browns-Bengals was somehow relevant at the time? Please.
I think if you asked most Browns fans who their biggest rival is they would say the Steelers, not the Bengals. And I think plenty of Steelers fans feel the same way, even if the rivalry has been one-sided for a long time.
-
SeahawkFever
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:18 am
Re: NFL Top 10 Rivalries: The List I might disagree with the most
The ultimate sign that Browns-Bengals doesn’t really belong; let alone that high:Ten Minute Ticker wrote: ↑Mon Sep 21, 2026 12:23 am 2010 or now, it’s a dumb list and the usual tortured logic applies.
Cowboys-Redskins ruled out because of relevance in 2010. OK, but Browns-Bengals was somehow relevant at the time? Please.
I think if you asked most Browns fans who their biggest rival is they would say the Steelers, not the Bengals. And I think plenty of Steelers fans feel the same way, even if the rivalry has been one-sided for a long time.
They interviewed Willie McGinest who played for Cleveland from 2006-2008, and he said he never knew those two were rivals until they told him.
-
ShinobiMusashi
- Posts: 211
- Joined: Thu May 01, 2025 3:13 pm
Re: NFL Top 10 Rivalries: The List I might disagree with the most
This show was garbage and this was one of the worst rankings/episodes. Crazy how NFL Network went down the crapper the way it did in the 2010's, what a waste.
-
SeahawkFever
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:18 am
Re: NFL Top 10 Rivalries: The List I might disagree with the most
There are some segments and episodes of that show that I liked, but I’ll be the first to admit that it was probably a cheap to produce NFL Films production that was wraparound material likely used for filler on NFL Network.ShinobiMusashi wrote: ↑Sun Sep 27, 2026 12:16 am This show was garbage and this was one of the worst rankings/episodes. Crazy how NFL Network went down the crapper the way it did in the 2010's, what a waste.
The best episodes and segments of NFL Top 10 are from 2007-2014, then they started interviewing to too many non football or sports media people and the presentation got way worse the last 4-5 years.
There are far worse presented episodes of NFL Top 10 in its later years than Top 10 Rivalries, but that one is probably the worst list as a list they ever made in my opinion no matter how well or poorly presented it is.
- 74_75_78_79_
- Posts: 2895
- Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:25 pm
Re: NFL Top 10 Rivalries: The List I might disagree with the most
THIS one is All-Time tops with me...(Lions/Browns '50s second-best)...
https://profootballresearchers.com/foru ... php?t=8305
https://profootballresearchers.com/foru ... php?t=8305