Page 30 of 30

Re: NFL "what-if" scenarios thread

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:45 pm
by SeahawkFever
Here’s one I just thought of: Obviously they were in different times, but when I here people talk about the contemporary Rams I hear people say their mentality was “eff them picks”.

Also I hear people say that the Hall of Fame head coach of the Rams and Redskins in the 60’s and 70’s, George Allen had a sign on his desk that said “The Future Is Now!”.

What if George Allen had Stan Kroenke as his owner?

Re: NFL "what-if" scenarios thread

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:58 pm
by 7DnBrnc53
sheajets wrote: ↑Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:48 am
7DnBrnc53 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:54 am I recently watched the NFL Network Timeline episode about Vince Lombardi in Washington.

Afterward, I thought about what would have happened if he got his health checked better in 1968, survived, and stayed as Redskin coach for several more years.
Didn't he have an exceptionally aggressive cancer? Somewhere I remember hearing that his particular case astonished doctors to the point that it was written about in medical journals...that's how unique it was.

Wondering could it have been nipped in the bud if caught in 1968? Was cancer treatment even at that level in 1968?
https://www.survivornet.com/articles/nf ... s-ignored/

Apparently, Vince was starting to have digestive problems in 1967, but wouldn't get a proctoscopy scan.

Re: NFL "what-if" scenarios thread

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:06 pm
by Brian wolf
Vince had various problems but an NFL Film from 1968 basically admitted what helped kill him. He claimed he took as many as 20-30 aspirin a day. Imagine the damage to his stomach? Another victim of the Bayer empire.